Sunday

Tour Blog....and photos from the road 5/1/2008

Hi all,


Now that I am back and starting to feel some slight sense of normalcy creep in, I have had the chance to upload some photos (check them out on my page) and reflect on this whole journey.


The tour started out with me flying into Chicago to meet and rehearse with a band I have never played with, the night before we took off on the tour. Shit. Does that sound scary to anyone else? I should mention that I DID have my man, Dave Carducci with me from LA. Dave was opening for us most nights of the tour and was serving as my right hand guy as well. We all met at a bar called Twisted Spoke, around the corner from the rehearsal space and then headed over. There, I met Jeff Kelly (drums), Aron Topielski (bass), and Aaron Weistrop (lead guitar) and, of course, Ted Wulfers, who I had met several times before and, in addition to sharing the tour with me, was playing lap steel for me on a few tunes.



After a round of drinks and exchanging niceties, the "how was your flight?" question, and a few awkward silences, we headed over to play some music. And then we played through the first song....


Wow. wow wow wow! These guys were total pros. They had practically flawlessly learned all of the tunes off of my album by ear. I finally let out the breath I had been holding since the plane took off in LA. Things were going to be cool.


The next day, I headed over to drummer Jeff's pad to we could be picked up together by Ted in the big van. There I met his cute little cat and found out that he was sought out by Frito Lay to do some sort of top secret "crunch" test. Damn. That sounds way more exciting than my cubicle....


When Ted arrived in the 8 passenger van that I would come to call home for the next 2 weeks, he had already picked up Aaron guitar player and Dave. All we needed was our bass player and we were off to Grand Rapids to kick off the tour!


I will write more later and, as well, I will be posting weekly webisodes edited together from behind the scenes footage and performances from each venue, so STAY TUNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home