Sunday

Ann Driscoll / Layne show at Genghis Cohen - 3/21/2008

Last night I went to a double-billed show, ANN DRISCOLL / LAYNE at Genghis Cohen. Ann and I actually wrote a song via the internet over the past couple of months and last night she had me up on stage to perform it with her. It’s called "Tell Her" and I got it on video...it’s up on youtube if you wanna take a look!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtywjbpKxos

I have to say, I was really really impressed with Ann’s show and how far she has come since I last saw her play. She really put on a show...and by that I mean, it wasn’t just her standing up there playing her songs...first of all, she had a great band - these guys know their shit (AND they are all absolutely adorable!!) The set order was well thought out and Ann’s casual and witty banter and connection with the audience made you feel like you knew her. (Well, I DO know her)...but you know what I’m saying

This was all followed by a set by Layne, my friend Laurie Geltman’s band. Laurie is a seasoned performer and kickin’ guitar player. This was a more acoustic and more intimate setting than I’ve ever seen Laurie in and it was really nice. Her band set up in a bit of an unconventional way, kind of in a circle on the stage. It was really cool.

Such a great night of music! If you haven’t already, you should really check out both of these women:

www.myspace.com/anndriscoll

www.myspace.com/laynemusicusa

And (shameless plug for me) don’t forget if you are in LA tonight, come over to Girl Bar for the Girl Rock Battle of the Band Finals!!

661 Robertson Blvd (across from The Abbey)
West Hollywood, CA
DOORS @ 7:30, show at 8pm
tickets $7
Cheers,

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home